Let’s make Luxembourg a hub for industries in the field of mobile apps and services!
The Luxembourg ICT and Space Clusters together with their partners are happy to invite you to a conference on how to create the best possible business environment in Luxembourg for new mobile-service companies to grow in synergy with established industries.
What to expect
In 2014, the European Mobile & Mobility Industries Alliance (EMMIA) selected Luxembourg as one of three European innovation regions to boost the country’s potential in the field of mobile services and applications. The Grand Duchy was thus included in a pan-European study of mobile and mobile-service industry in Europe and how to stimulate the further development of this sector.
At this event, the outcomes of the study as well as tailor-made policy recommendations for Luxembourg’s mobile industry will be presented by the EMMIA experts. Participants will be invited to give their feedback on the study and provide input based on their own experience on how the creation of new businesses and services in this field could best be facilitated. The agenda will thus include a dynamic mix of expert and policy input, open discussions and business case studies on the transformative power of service innovation in mobile and mobility industries.
The outcomes of the event will influence the final conclusions of the European EMMIA study. They will also be taken into account in the preparation of concrete follow-up projects that will shortly be launched in Luxembourg.
16:30 Welcome and registration
- Welcome Address (Younis Hijazi, Luxinnovation)
- Opening Speech (Michele Gallo, Advisor, Directorate New Technologies, Luxembourg Ministry of the Economy)
- Keynote Speaker (Prof. Dr. Björn Ottersten, Director of the SnT – Interdisciplinary Centre for “Security, Reliability and Trust” and Digital Champion for Luxembourg)
17:20 The start-up scene in Europe & Luxembourg
- Presentation of Europe for Startups (Jerome Zois, Europe for Startups)
- Introduction to Startup Manifesto Europe & hint for Luxembourg (Jerome Zois)
- The startup scene in Luxembourg (Jerome Zois)
- Concluding remarks & how Luxinnovation can support you (Frédéric Becker, Luxinnovation)
18:00 Mobilise Europe & Luxembourg
- EMMIA introduction, background & methodology (Philippe Moretto, Encadre/ EMMIA)
- Mobilise Europe general findings (Micael Gustafsson, Clusterland Sweden / EMMIA)
- Challenges and suggestions for Luxembourg (Micael Gustafsson)
- Open discussion
- Summing-up (Micael Gustafsson)
19:30 Networking cocktail
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, policy-makers, researchers or anyone else interested in mobile development are welcome to participate and join the debate.
Where & when?
The event will take place on Monday 6 October 2014 at 17:00 – 19:30 and will close with a networking cocktail.
The venue will be the cultural centre Tramsschapp (49, rue Ermesinde, Luxembourg-Limpertsberg).
Monday 29 September 17:00
Read more about the movement
Luxembourg selected to receive expert support for developing mobile and mobility services
A report about the scene of mobile and mobile service industry in Europe and how to take back the initiative